Blooming Sparkly Red Rose

Pages

Sunday, 28 December 2014

✿A Princess Beauty Haul with Etude House✿


   Hello everyone! I hope you are all having an awesome holiday season with family, friends and lots of delicious food! I am here today with a haul post for you. I have had these goodies for about a month now, so I thought it was about time to give them proper attention.
   For starters, let me tell you a few words about Etude House. It is one of the most popular Korean beauty brands, also one of the most known ones in the western world. Its main characteristic is super cute and girly packaging, like princess or sweets related collections, and a huge variety of beauty products that you just have to have, or at least if you are like me... :D! Plus, all that comes at very reasonable prices, like western drugstore brands. For a better feeling of Etude House you can visit their global site/store, see for yourselves their products and also info about the brand. Or visit the official Korean site for an amazing intro and a more complete selection of products (it's all in Korean but don't be put off by that). On a side-note I will tell you that I make my orders mostly from eBay, as the last time I checked, the official global store didn't offer all the products, especially what I was looking for, and also shipping costs were quite expensive.

The Collection. Source: Google Search / A Beauty Affair blog
   So, combine the brand's cute and girly main theme with Disney's princesses and voilà, the Princess Happy Ending limited edition collection!! You might be guessing, and correctly so, that as soon as I saw photos and posters of the collection I had to have my hands on it, as we say with my fellow beauty addicts, the products were calling me (or it could be early stages of paranoia.. :P).

   Ok now can you blame me? Unfortunately, by the time I made my order some of the items were gone, couldn't find them anywhere, so for example I didn't get any of the lipsticks. First thing to go in the basket were the nail kits. Out of the four I chose Belle and Snow White. The packaging is, oh the packaging!! The boxes resemble hardback fairytale books and the attention to their details is amazing! Let me point out for example to the barcodes.
   I have already used Belle's nail kit and I have showed you what I did with it in my previous post. Let me just add here that the polishes themselves, apart from being super pretty are also of great quality, easy application and give a beautiful result.
   I also wanted to try one of the Precious Mineral BB Creams, and though I generally wanted the Cotton Fit one, the collection offered the Blooming Fit, so I decided to give it a go. As you see, it's one of the Snow White items, comes in amazing packaging as well, but I haven't tried it yet, so I can't give my opinion on the actual product. I can tell you though that my shade is W13 and from a quick test I got the right one for my skintone.
   The last two bits from this collection that I got are a blush and an eyeshadow. The blush is a beautiful rose-coral shade with golden sheen, comes in a rose pattern and it is one of the Belle items, and the eyeshadow is a pinkish burgundy, something between a cream and a pressed eyeshadow, I can't really describe its texture. It swatches much lighter in colour than it looks in the jar, which I don't mind actually, and it is the only Cinderella item I got. If I have to find a negative here is that the blush doesn't have a mirror, which for me isn't a problem but for some might be, so I thought I'd mention it here.
Excuse the bad lighting as daylight had started abandoning me as I was taking the pics for this post.
   Moving on, along with items from the Princess Happy Ending collection I ordered 2 also limited edition eyeshadow palettes that Etude House launched around Halloween. One is called Bloody Halloween and it contains 5 eyeshadows and a cream product that can be used for either lips or cheeks. Same goes for the other palette, called Bohemian Soul. Bloody Halloween has a burgundy colour theme, while Bohemian Soul a gold-peachy one. The Dear Darling Tint is a lip tint from the permanent line of products, and the one I got is in the shade 01 Berry Red.
    I have only swatched the shadows, not the creams, and they have a nice colour pay-off, some are a bit on the powdery side so I'm guessing they will have some fallout, but nothing too dramatic. With a quick glimpse you can see that the individual pans seem to be a little unevenly/awkwardly placed in the palette, but they're firmly glued so no worries of them moving around.
   Last but certainly not least, is this cute My Castle hand cream set. This is of the newest Etude House products, and the creams can also be bought individually. There are 4 in total hand creams, all come in different packaging that looks like a little house or, with a bit of imagination, a castle. The brown one is Sweet Cookie and it smells a m a z i n g, like I wanna eat it or sniff it all day :D. The pink one is Pink Wish and it has a sweet floral scent, but not overpowering, like many floral scents can be. The green one is called Forever Rose, and yes it has a lovely rose scent. Finally, the lavender one is called Ice Frozen and also has a lovely scent, but for the life of me, I cannot determine what it is. On the global store it says that the scent is ice floral, whatever that means!
   That was my haul from Etude House. I tried searching on eBay for Princess Happy Ending collection items and you can still find the nail kits, BB cream, blushes and the eyeshadows, so if you are interested in any of them go take a look. They certainly make your day just by looking at them! And as you see, Etude House knows about cute!
   Thank you for reading this post and don't hesitate to share your thoughts in the comments!! Have you tried Etude House products? What do you think of the brand? Are you a big sucker for packaging, like me?? LoL

Anyway, talk to you in my next post! Until then, take care and Happy New Year everyone!! May 2015 be happy and smoother for all of us!!
·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙
(ノ´∀`)ノ*.゚・。:*:.゚・☆HAPPY NEW YEAR☆・゚.:*:。・゚.*ヽ(´∀`ヽ)
✩̣̣̣̣̣ͯ┄•͙✧⃝•͙┄✩ͯ•͙͙✧⃝•͙͙✩ͯ┄•͙✧⃝•͙┄✩̣̣̣̣̣ͯ


6 comments:

  1. Έχω την BB της etude house την Bright Fit (νομίζω δεν κυκλοφορεί πια, νομίζω την αντικατεστησε η blooming fit, γιατί είναι κι αυτή ροζ στη συσκευασία). Μου αρέσει πολύ! Αλλά επειδή μου τελειώνει, σκέφτομαι να πάρω ή την Missha ή την Etude Princess, οπότε περιμένω την άποψή σου για την Etude! Φιλιά! Καλές γιορτές! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Σ' ευχαριστώ πολύ! Γενικά, έχω διαβάσει καλά reviews για τις Precious Mineral BB creams, κι απλά το κατάλληλο fit εξαρτάται από το τι τύπο επιδερμίδας έχεις. To cotton ήξερα ότι είναι για λιπαρές, όπως έχω εγώ, αλλά πολλές κοπέλες με λιπαρό δέρμα έλεγαν ότι τους έκατσε καλά και η blooming fit..Θα δούμε..Καλές γιορτές και σε σένα!!

      Delete
    2. Κι εγώ λιπαρή έχω, οπότε θα επιλέξω την cotton για σίγουρα! Ωστόσο, θα περίμενω και την άποψή σου, όταν την δοκιμάσεις :)

      Delete
  2. OMG cuteness overload και κάτι παραπάνω! Πόσο πανέμορφα πια;; ^-^ Καλή Πρωτοχρονιά!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ma nai,einai uperoxa!!S'euxaristw kai Kalh Xronia k se sena!! (^_^)

      Delete
  3. why haven't I gotten the blushes (bashing self on the head). Beautiful collection <3

    ReplyDelete