Blooming Sparkly Red Rose

Pages

Tuesday, 28 October 2014

{Top Korean Beauty Brands} : ❤ Holika Holika ❤


Korean beauty goodies from Holika Holika and Tony Moly.
  Hello everyone!!I know I've been MIA for sometime, but that's what summer heat and gaming do to me (no joke..lol)..But what a better way to come back than with my favourite subject, Korean beauty products!! I am sure I've said this before, but once you ride the asian beauty wave, and in my case the korean beauty wave, there is no turning back. So many brands, so much variety, so many products to look into, covering all possible needs, and most importantly you can find so many affordable though high-quality products! That's no wonder considering the fact that Asians take their skincare seriously. So, after my dear friend Cel's idea/recommendation, comes this series of posts about my "Top Korean Beauty Brands".
  Today, I am going to talk to you about a brand called Holika Holika. If you haven't heard of it before, it's a brand with affordable beauty products, covering skincare, makeup, haircare etc, and of course super cute packaging!! For the curious eye, you can look on this site, which is the Canadian official site, for an example of what the brand is about. Unfortunately, Holika Holika doesn't have a global online store, but you can still find the products easily on eBay.



  The first thing to catch my eye was Holika's makeup and especially their blushes. Taking a look at them, can you blame me? The owl blush was love at first sight and I was determined to make it mine.. so I did! Then I saw the cute kitty blush and well, you know how it goes! They are super sparkly, so maybe not ideal as everyday blushes, but sometimes I use them as eyeshadows as well. I have to admit though, I don't think I could ever use them regularly and ruin their beautiful patterns.
  Another makeup product by Holika Holika, that I've read rave reviews about is the Jewel-light Waterproof Eyeliners. Some people even compare them with Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-on Pencils, but I cannot comment on that. There are many colours available but I decided to try out 4 shades first. Not all of them are your usual eyeliner colours, but that's what makes them even more interesting! I got them quite recently, but so far I am in love with them. FYI, here are the available colours.
Photos from Google
  The ones that I have are 14 Mystic Blue, 03 Lapis Lazuli, 09 18K Gold and 15 Burgundy Garnet. They are soft, pigmented and last on my eyes, though I have not tried going out in heavy rain to test them out!lol
  Moving to skincare Holika Holika has also a great variety of products to offer. What I chose to try out was 2 sleeping masks. A sleeping mask is simply a face mask that you leave on while you sleep and wash off in the morning. Holika Holika's Wine Therapy sleeping masks come in a cute barell packaging and there are 2 types: Red Wine, which is for anti-wrinkle and resilience and White Wine, which is for skin whitening and moisture.
  I gave the Red Wine mask to my mom, as I don't need anti-wrinkle products yet, and she tells me she really likes it. It is a red-ish transparent gel, just like a gel dessert (not edible..lol), and it smells like wine..The White Wine mask is the one I use. Its consistency is a light gel-cream one, has similar scent and applies smoothly and easily just like the Red Wine mask. I don't know if it does whiten the skin, as I haven't used it that often (too many masks to use :P), but in the morning my skin felt super soft and moisturised whenever I did use it. 
 That's it for this post! There are sure a lot more from Holika Holika that I want to try out, like BB creams and eyeshadows, and the Magic Pole mascaras, and more skincare,but in due time..lol...I only got one face after all!!Hahaha

For more Holika Holika goodies you can also check out Cel's blogpost!!
Thank you for reading and talk to you soon!!
((┌|o^▽^o|┘))♪


7 comments:

  1. you are baaaaaaaaaaaaaack! I need to get my hands on the blushes, I like the few stuff I have tried so far, especially the Aqua Fantasy toner Cel gifted me
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaayyy I aaaam!They are super cute for sure..You try a few and then you want the whole brand..same story always,isn't it?hahaha

      Delete
  2. I am so in love with this brand atm!!! And those eye pencils, you're killing me!!! I need to find the purple one asap!!! Also the owl blush, soooooo cute <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But..but they are so pretty!!Let's go together:''We need the eye pencils''!!lool

      Delete
  3. The kitty blush, how cute!! You and Cel will destroy me, I know! Yet I love you for that! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cuteness overload!!Hehehehe Thank youuu!!But we're innocent!!Hahahahaha

      Delete
  4. I looked so many blogs and websites to know about the Korean Skin Care Products and in many blogs I found Korean Cosmetics brands and their products. In the same way in this blog there are so many information about the Korean Beauty products and I found this blog very valuable. I have gone through one of the online shopping store named as All Cosmetique who are providing a wide range of Korean Beauty products to the customers in a very low prices.

    ReplyDelete